I got an email from Disney today.
“We regret to inform you that you were not selected to be a character performer.”
Yeah, I’m upset.
But I’m also happy, very happy:
- I made it to the end of the audition so Disney saw something in me.
- I didn’t get the rejection right away, so I was being considered for a while.
- I still get to spend 6 months working for the Walt Disney Company.
- There will be plenty of other auditions; this is the beginning of an wonderful journey.
- God has given me the incredible opportunity to work merchandise, which I am very exited about.
- Life is good.
If Disney has taught me one thing, it’s to never give up on your dreams.
Side note: I was super paranoid that I wrote down the wrong email at the audition and Disney wouldn’t be able to contact me, so at least I got an answer!